Federal Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos and his counterpart Transport Minister Omar Alcabra announced the border security measures, which will take effect immediately.
Details of activities implemented at the border:
- All foreigners coming or crossing from South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Eswatini and Namibia are barred from entering Canada.
- All people who arrived in Canada within 14 days and traveled or were deported to these countries should immediately isolate themselves and be subjected to the COVID-19 test. Isolation and self-isolation should be maintained until a negative result is obtained.
- Canadians and permanent residents who have traveled or traveled to these areas will be screened upon arrival in Canada and will be isolated at an approved hotel at their expense until they are examined by Govt. 19 Negative. Those who are negatively reported can continue to be isolated at home for 14 days if they pass a new screening test on the eighth day of the isolation period.
- Until further notice travel advice will be provided by World Affairs Canada to “strongly encourage” travel to South Africa.
- Canadians returning from one of these destinations or permanent residents must be tested for COVID-19 in the country of their last departure before boarding a flight to Canada.
Even the US government and the European Union Announced similar measures.
Transport Minister Omar Alcabra has promised that there will be no direct flights between Canada and the restricted areas.
This is why Canadians or permanent residents of Ottawa, South Africa who are following postponed flights or stops, must be subjected to a drug test in the country where they last boarded. Have to board a flight to Canada. This negative test must have been carried out within 72 hours of their arrival in Canada.
For example, if you are in Zimbabwe, staying in Paris and returning to Canada, you should be tested for COVID-19 in France before boarding a flight to Canada.
⁇ We urgently request that these trials be carried out in third countries, and that this activity be maintained until January 31st. ⁇
May already be in Canada
The most contagious, Omicron variant Discovered in recent days in South Africa.
According to experts, Omicron offers variation Possibility of very high number of mutations and very rapid proliferation.
No wonder he was already in CanadaCanada’s Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tom said. However, he said it was still too late to know how dangerous he was and how effective he was at avoiding the protection provided by vaccines.
Clarification that no case of Omigron variant has yet been found in Canada.
While it is spreading rapidly in the south of the African continent, cases of omigran variation have also been reported in Hong Kong, Israel and Belgium.
Call to act quickly
Several voices were raised this morning urging Ottawa to take swift border action in the face of rapid progress in the world of new variation.
Erin O’Toole, the official opposition leader in Ottawa, called on the Trudeau government.
To protect It is now on the border as a precautionary measure. The governments of Quebec, Ontario and Alberta have done the same.
⁇ With reports of the spread of the new variant of Covit-19, we have a small window to act, and we must act now. ⁇
Since the beginning of the day, Ontario Premier Duck Ford, Demanded a ban
Immediately Flights from
Countries of concern Chief Health Officer of the Province Dr. Following the meeting with Kieran Moore.
I have contacted the Federal Government to express my extreme concern about the risks and the need for immediate action, Said Doug Ford.
In Quebec City, Premier Franசois Legald insisted on Ottawa
Prohibit flights or passengers passing through or passing through South Africa now.
This is really very worrying. We have confirmed that it is already in Belgium, Added the Prime Minister of Quebec.
In Alberta, Premier Jason Kenny also sounded the alarm.
I call on the federal government to follow Britain’s path by banning travel to countries where this dangerous new variant of COVID-19 is in circulation. Canada should not repeat the mistake of its open border policy at the onset of the global epidemic, He wrote on his Twitter account.
Poutine menace les Occidentaux de représailles
Dans la rue une fois à destination
La démocratie en chute libre en Russie, au Burkina et en Haiti en 2022